Honda Marine 2.3hp
Call for Price
Beaver Bay Sport Shop
- 15% more power
- World record fuel economy
- Integrated fuel tank for easy portability
- 12% larger fuel tank
- Ideal for small tenders, jon boats and canoes
Performance and Efficiency
- 15% more power - without sacrificing portability: With 15% more horsepower over its predecessor, this ultra light weight powerhouse produces surprising speed and maneuverability.
- Centrifugal clutch: The centrifugal clutch maintains a smooth idle and when advanced, automatically engages the prop above idle speed. It's like having a neutral position.
- Transistor ignition: Maintenance-free, high-energy output for quick and easy starts.
- 360° swivel steering: Provides excellent maneuverability in tight areas as well as full thrust in reverse (at 180°).
- Adjustable trim: Four manual settings ensure proper trim angle for maximum performance.
- Shallow Water Drive: Allows you to run in shallow water and greatly reduces the risk of engine damage.
Reliability and Durability
- Forced air cooled engine: The air-cooled block eliminates concern over clogged water pumps and debris being sucked into the powerhead, as well as reducing maintenance.
- Plastic propeller: A shock resistant plastic propeller comes standard.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection: A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. sacrificial anodes, stainless steel technology and waterproof connectors enhance corrosion protection.
- Ultra low 3 star CARB emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- True 5 Warranty: Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the first day as it is on the last.
Convenience and Ease of Use
- Twist grip throttle: A twist grip throttle allows for precise throttle control. The throttle tensioner minimizes driver fatigue.
- Super lightweight, compact design: The BF2.3 is incredibly light and easy to transport. Weighing less than 30 pounds, it's the ideal engine for dinghys, car-toppers and other types of small boats.
- Front mount carrying handle: Provides superior portability and ease of installation.
- Internal fuel tank: With 12% more capacity over its predecessor, the BF2.3 now runs up to 60 minutes at full throttle on a tank of fuel. The internal tank facilitates easy removal and portability as a single unit.
- Carburetor drain screw: Allows quick and easy draining of the carburetor's float bowl for extended storage periods.
- Easy maintenance: Convenient oil fill and drain.
- Steering friction adjustment: Allows you to adjust steering tension for ease in maneuverability.
- Dual lockable transom clamps: Provides extra security when mounted to the transom.
- Fold down tiller: The BF2.3's tiller folds up or down for easy stowing.
- Sheer and cotter pin keeper: The self-contained keeper stores two extra sets of cotter and sheer pins close at hand, so you'll be prepared if and when you need them.
- Type: 4-Stroke OHV, 1 Cylinder/2 Valves
- Displacement: 57.2 cc (3.49 cu.in.)
- Bore & Stroke: 45 mm x 36 mm (1.8 x 1.4 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Rated Power: 2.3 hp (1.7 kW)
- Cooling System: Forced Air
- Ignition System: Transistorized
- CARB Rating (California): 3-STAR, ultra low emission
- Fuel: Unleaded 86 octane
- Fuel Tank Capacity: .29 US gal. (1.1L)
- Starting System: Recoil
- Exhaust: Under Water, Above Propeller
- Lubrication: Oil Slinger System
- Trim Range: 4-Stage: 5 deg., 10 deg.,15 deg., 20 deg.
- Tilt Range: 75 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.42:1
- Steering Angle: 360 deg. pivot
- Propeller: 3-Blade Plastic
- Diameter x Pitch: 7.25 x 4.75 in.
- Overall Width: 285 mm / 11.2 in.
- S-Type: 13 kg / 29.5 lb.
- S Type: 418 mm / 16.5 in.
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke OHV, 1 Cylinder/2 Valves
- Bore x Stroke
- 1.8 x 1.4 in. (45 mm x 36 mm)
- 3.49 cu.in. (57.2 cc)
- Shaft Length
- 16.5 in. (418 mm)
- 29.5 lb. (13 kg)
- Trim Method
- 4-Stage: 5 deg., 10 deg.,15 deg., 20 deg.
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 2.3 hp (1.7 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- Forced Air
- True 5 Warranty