Honda Marine 5hp
Call for Price
Beaver Bay Sport Shop
- Perfect for small fishing boats, canoes, inflatables and sailboats.
- Lightweight, compact design
- Easy carry handle
- Convenient, easy operation
- Shallow water drive
Performance and Efficiency
- 4-Stroke Design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Large Displacement Engine: Water-cooled, single cylinder design for better low- to mid-range power.
- Twist Grip Throttle: Allows for precise throttle control. A unique throttle tensioner minimizes driver fatigue.
- Digital CD Ignition: Maintenance free, high-energy output for quick and easy starts.
- Shallow Water Drive: An innovative shallow water drive feature lets you tilt the motor up, allowing you to easily operate in shallow areas. Shallow water drive greatly reduces the risk of engine damage.
- F-N-R Gearshift: The BF5 features full forward, neutral, and reverse shifting, with neutral in-start protection.
Reliability and Durability
- Low Oil Warning System: A Low Oil Warning System and rev limiter protect the engine from severe damage if the oil reaches a low level
- Full Swivel Bracket Design: The full swivel bracket design reduces tiller handle vibration, increasing the engine's durability
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection System - Fights the elements: A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Positive Lubrication: A crankshaft-driven, automotive-style trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components.
- Ultra Low 3 Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- True 5 Warranty: Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the first day as it is on the last.
Convenience and Ease of Use
- Lightweight, Compact Design: The BF5's lightweight, compact design makes it perfect for small tenders and canoes. Weighing in at only 60 pounds, the BF5 is easy to transport.
- Front Mount Carrying Handle: Provides superior portability and ease of installation.
- Fold-Down Tiller Handle: The tiller handle’s compact design allows for easy transportation and storage.
- Neutral Start Only: The BF5 incorporates a safety lockout system, which allows the engine to be started in neutral gear only.
- Optional 3 amp charging system: An optional, dealer installed, 3 amp charging system provides power to accessories.
- Type: 4-Stroke OHV, 1 Cylinder/2 Valves
- Displacement: 127 cc (7.8 cu.in.)
- Bore & Stroke: 60 mm x 45 mm (2.4 x 1.8 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 4,500-5,500 rpm
- Rated Power: 5 hp @ 5,000 rpm
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: 1 Carburetor
- Ignition System: Digital CDI
- Starting System: Recoil
- Exhaust: Under Water, Above Propeller
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Trim Range: 5-Stage 5 deg.-9 deg.-13 deg.-17 deg.-21 deg.
- Tilt Range: 70 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator: Optional 3-Amp (38 watt)
- Propeller: 3-Blade Aluminum
- Diameter x Pitch: 7-7/8 x 7½ in.
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Overall Width: 340 mm/13.4 in.
- S-Type: 27 kg/60 lb.
- S Type: 381 mm/15 in.
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke OHV, 1 Cylinder/2 Valves
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.4 x 1.8 in. (60 mm x 45 mm)
- 7.8 cu.in. (127 cc)
- Shaft Length
- 15 in. (381 mm)
- 60 lb. (27 kg)
- Trim Method
- 5-Stage 5 deg.-9 deg.-13 deg.-17 deg.-21 deg.
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 5 hp @ 5,000 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 4,500-5,500 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.08:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- 1 Carburetor
- Optional 3-Amp (38 watt)
- Water Cooled
- True 5 Warranty